DEM: 30,051 REP: 9,963 CON:380 WOR: 285 BLANK: 11,656 OTH: 2420 TOTAL: 54,755 (updated 2/21/2023)
Click below for unofficial Village results
Not sure where you vote? Click here for look-up.
Attention Absentee Voters
Important Information Regarding Changes In Absentee Voting
1. Absent from your county on Election Day.
2.Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability (temporary illness includes being unable to appear due to risk of contracting or spreading a communicable disease like COVID-19).
3. Unable to appear because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
4. A resident or patient of a Veterans Health Administration Hospital.
5. Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.
To apply for an absentee ballot electronically, use the plum-colored Application Portal button. To apply by paper form, use the light purple Application Form button.
Accessible Absentee Voting
Voters with a visual impairment that require a ballot with accessible features may apply using the online Accessible Absentee Ballot Application portal (button below).
Voters using the accessible absentee ballot system in need of printing services in order to print their ballot can access such services at certain public printing resources, including but not limited to, libraries, print stores, shipping stores, and office supply stores. Voters should contact their local printing resources for details on the printing services offered.
In-person voting using an accessible Ballot Marking Device (“BMD”) during early voting or on Election Day is still available to voters with a disability who do not want to vote by absentee ballot using the accessible absentee ballot system.
The buttons below can be used to apply for accessible ballots for voters who are visually impaired:
For Voters For Candidates Election Calendar
How do I register to Vote or change my Party?
How do I get an Absentee Ballot?
How do I check my Registration Status?
Campaign Finance Filing Information
Click here for school district contact information
Thank you for visiting the Tompkins County Board of Elections website.
We are a bi-partisan team of Voting and Election Specialists, charged with the preservation of citizen confidence in the democratic process and enhancement of voter participation in elections. Directed by Election Commissioners, our Deputies, Clerks, Machine Technicians, and 300+ Election Day Inspectors are funded by the tax-payers of Tompkins County, fiscally accountable to Tompkins County Legislators, and responsible under New York State Election Law for the following;
- Voter eligibility, registration, and notification
- Processing and verification of candidate petitions and documents
- Assisting candidates in understanding the steps needed in order to run for an elected office
- Campaign finance disclosures of candidates and campaign committees
- Recruiting, training, and assigning Election Day Inspectors to conduct elections
- Maintaining, testing, repairing, and deploying Election Day equipment; and
- Canvassing, auditing, and certifying voting results
Tompkins County consistently ranks in the top annual voter turnout in New York State. We encourage EVERY eligible citizen to exercise their right to vote.
The Tompkins County Board of Elections will meet on the first Thursday of every month at 1:00 PM in conference room 103 at 128 East Buffalo Street, Ithaca NY 14850. The public is invited to attend.