(Ithaca, N.Y., August 1, 2022) – Tompkins County Health Department is announcing to the community that there will be a COVID-19 Moderna Booster Vaccine Clinic on Wednesday, August 10th, from 2pm-6pm, at Lifelong in downtown Ithaca (119 West Court Street).
The Moderna Booster will be available at this clinic as a 1st booster for everyone ages 18 years or older, who received the Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech initial vaccine series at least five months ago or the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine at least two months, or as a 2nd booster for eligible people. The following are eligible for a 2nd COVID-19 vaccine booster with Moderna:
- Adults ages 50 years and older may choose to receive a second booster dose of an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) at least four months after their first booster dose.
- Adults ages 18–49 years who received the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine as both their primary series dose and initial booster dose may receive a second booster dose of an mRNA vaccine at least 4 months after their first booster dose.
Please register for an appointment using the link below or dial 2-1-1 (1-877-211-8667) during business hours, 8:30AM-5:00PM (Monday-Friday) for assistance registering and for transportation options. Please have the date of your second vaccination or first booster available for completing the registration process.
MODERNA BOOSTER CLINIC
- Wednesday, August 10th, 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Lifelong (119 West Court Street, Ithaca)
- Ages 18+
- Register online at: https://www.tompkinscountyny.gov/health/covid19popup#lifelong-aug10
Tompkins County Public Health Director Frank Kruppa stated, “COVID-19 vaccines are working very well to prevent severe illness, hospitalization, and death, even against variants. The booster doses of the COVID-19 vaccine will help maximize your protection, prolong the vaccine’s durability, and continue to safeguard our communities against the virus. I encourage everyone to get boosted as soon as you are eligible.”
The Tompkins County Health Department is your partner for a healthy community. Find us online at TompkinsCountyNY.gov/health, and follow us on Facebook at Facebook.com/TompkinsPublicHealth and on Twitter at @TompkinsHealth. Sign up to receive COVID-19 updates or other county announcements via email or text.
Media contact: Samantha Hillson, firstname.lastname@example.org