Tompkins County Diversity Statement
Tompkins County government is committed to creating a diverse and fully inclusive workplace that strengthens our organization and enhances our ability to adapt to change by developing and maintaining:
- An organization-wide understanding and acceptance of the purpose and reasons for diversity;
- Recruitment and retention policies that assure a diverse workforce;
- A workplace environment that is welcoming and supportive of all;
- Awareness, understanding, and education regarding diversity issues;
- Zero tolerance for expressions of discrimination, bias, harassment, or negative stereotyping toward any person or group;
- A workforce ethic that embraces diversity and makes it the norm for all interactions, including delivery of services to the public.