Inspector Training 2021
PSM Training Powerpoint 2021
How do I become a Pollworker?
In Tompkins County more than 300 people are needed to work as election inspectors and operate the polls on Election Day. You must be 17 or older, a registered voter in Tompkins County (or pre-registered if under 18), represent either the Republican or Democratic Party, and enjoy people and service to others.
When Am I Needed?
Just a few days a year:
- Primary Day in June 5:30a.m. –9:30p.m. (approx.)
- Election Day in November 5:30a.m. –9:30p.m. (approx.)
What do I Have to Do?
- Report to work at the designated time
- Prepare the polling place for voting
- Set up the voting equipment
- Process the voters
- Demonstrate voting procedures to the voters
- Close the polling place at 9:00p.m.
- Canvass and report the results
- Attend an inspector training class every year
- Attend a session for machine training yearly
Will I be Paid? YES!
- $16.61 an hour for General Election and Primary Day
- $40 for attending training
If you are interested in becoming a pollworker, contact us.
BOARD OF ELECTIONS
128 East Buffalo Street
Ithaca, NY 14850