The mission of the Tompkins County Mental Health Services Department is to meet the needs of the residents of Tompkins County in the areas of mental health, developmental disabilities, and chemical dependency by providing prevention and early detection, comprehensively planned care, treatment, and rehabilitation services.
Open Access Walk-in Services
Are you experiencing problems with mental health and want to get help now? Open Access is an intake process that offers help to clients who feel they need to be seen within the same day.
- Please call our main office for current Open Access hours: 607-274-6200
Individual, Family, and Group Therapy
A variety of evidence-based practice therapies to individuals and groups.
- Help gain better awareness of self and others.
- Help to identify and change patterns of thinking and behavior which can impair functioning and growth.
Children and Youth
Our clinicians provide treatment for youth and families that may be affected by mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, OCD, or trauma.
- Services are available to clients age 25 years old and under.
- Schedule an appointment by phone or come in during our walk-in hours.
- Partnerships with schools allows care to be provided at the school.
Mental health services for justice-involved individuals.
- SOAR: Sex Offender Accountability and Responsibility.
- EMERGE: A domestic violence education program.
Clinic Psychiatrists and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners perform evaluations and ongoing medication management.
Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS)
A comprehensive recovery oriented program for adult individuals with severe and persistent mental illness.
- For ages 18 years and older.
- Helps individuals reach goals in areas such as work, school, relationships, and stable housing.
- Addresses barriers related to mental health and/or substance use that keep individuals from reaching their goals.
- More information here.
Local Mental Health Resources
Tompkins County Mental Health has compiled a listing of local resources and providers to support people who are experiencing mental health crisis or mental health-related distress. Click here to go there.
EMERGENCY AND CRISIS CONTACTS FOR 24-HOUR HELP if you or someone you know feels the need to speak with a mental health professional:
- For life-threatening emergencies, dial 911
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, DIAL 988 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line, text HOME to 741-741.
- Ithaca’s Suicide Prevention and Crisis Service hotline, 1-607-272-1616.
- Veterans Crisis Line, for Veterans and their loved ones, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, or text 838255.
Visit veteranscrisisline.net for online chat and more.
NOTICE TO PATIENTS:
This practice serves all patients regardless of ability to pay.
Discounts for essential services are offered based on family size and income.
For more information, ask at the front desk or visit our website.
AVISO PARA PACIENTES:
Esta práctica sirve a todos los pacientes, independientemente de la capacidad de pago.
Descuentos para los servicios esenciales son ofrecidos dependiendo de tamaño de la familia y de los ingresos.
Usted puede solicitar un descuento en la recepción o visita nuestro sitio web.