It is the mission of this Probation Department to provide the community with mandated as well as voluntary criminal and family court services in order to reduce reliance on incarceration and the court system by facilitating the rehabilitation of individuals in a manner which promotes personal responsibility, improved family functioning, public safety, and reparation for victims.
Our beliefs about the people we serve:
- We believe that community protection and public safety is a priority in the delivery of rehabilitative services to our clients.
- We believe that clients should be held answerable to their victims and the community whom they have harmed by their actions.
- We believe that all people possess strengths and have the potential to make positive changes and better decisions in their lives.
- We believe that clients can learn to take personal responsibility for their actions through the use of graduated responses.
Our beliefs about our Staff and Department:
- We believe employees shall strive for professional excellence for themselves and the Department.
- We believe employees shall perform their duties with honesty, integrity and professionalism that is free of any form of bias or discrimination.
- We believe employees shall embrace and strive to understand issues of cultural diversity amongst our clients and staff.
- We believe that staff shall be an agent and motivator for change by using best practices in the field of probation.
Hours of Operation
The Probation Department is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Our Day Reporting Program is open from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Please call our main phone line, (607-274-5380) for additional updates and information.
Need to pay your restitution or probation fees?
We now take credit and debit card payments in person and on-line.