Worksite Wellness Program
In the News
Workplace Wellness is Catching On, National Public Opinion Poll Shows
Quick Personal Survey: Where does Wellness fit in at your worksite?
The Creating Healthy Places worksite grant allows local employers to initiate worksite wellness programs with the assistance of local experts, and funding to cover some start-up costs and pilot programming.
Worksite wellness programs can improve employee morale, increase productivity, and help lower health care costs. Often, everything is in place to promote and support healthier lifestyles, except a dedicated plan.
Creating Healthy Places Worksites is a grant-funded program to help Tompkins County employers develop tailored, sustainable worksite wellness programs for all employees.
- For worksites with 40 or more employees
- Learn how to make changes that support healthier choices
- Expand an existing worksite wellness program or revive a stalled program
- Get free, ongoing assistance for 18+ months
- Funding for changes that support wellness
- A program of the Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County
Examples from participating worksites:
- Informal walking groups
- CSA shares (fresh produce) delivered to the worksite
- Increased lactation support for working mothers
- Become a tobacco free workplace
- FAQ for Creating Healthy Places
- Worksite Strategies
- Sustainability Checklist
- Mission Statements for Wellness Committees (PDF)
- Employee Interest Survey
- Healthy Meetings Policy (PDF)
Links & References
- Worksite Wellness for Tompkins County
- Creating Healthy Places to Live Work & Play: Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County
- America On the Move
- CDC's Healthy Worksite Initiative
Quick Personal Survey
Where does Wellness fit in at your workplace?
Are healthy snack choices available at meetings and in break rooms?
Are employees able to take physical activity breaks during the workday?
Do you believe that healthier people are more satisfied and productive on the job?
Did you know that healthier lifestyle choices can help reduce health care costs?
Do you think work is a good place to learn new habits for healthier eating & exercise?
Would you like to make wellness part of your workplace?
In Tompkins County, Creating Healthy Places to Live, Work & Play /Worksites is a program of the Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County, in cooperation with the Tompkins County Health Department, and funded by the New York State Department of Health. Our Worksite component is one of five funded statewide. Page updated: January 28, 2013 | Contact the Webmaster.