Thank you for visiting the Tompkins County Office for the Aging, your point of entry into aging services in Tompkins County. We provide objective and unbiased information regarding the array of services available for older adults and their caregivers. Established in 1975, our mission is to assist older adults and persons with long term care needs to live independently in their homes and communities with quality of life and dignity.
Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm
214 W. Martin Luther King Jr./State Street (Human Services Annex Building)
Ithaca, NY 14850
Telephone: (607) 274-5482
We understand that parking can often be difficult when visiting downtown. Our office has Pre-Paid Street Parking Scratch-off Cards available for purchase. Cards are sold in increments of 15 minutes, 20 minutes, 1 hour, 1.5 hours, and 2 hours. Once purchased, you simply scratch off the appropriate date and time and leave the card on your dashboard while you park. Call or stop in for more information.
Recent News/Upcoming Events and Announcements
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers class beginning February 26, 2024
- Office for the Aging's 2024 Public Hearing Tuesday, February 6, 2024
- Emergency HEAP Opens Tuesday, January 2, 2024
- Intergenerational Board Games available at Lifelong
- NYS Master Plan on Aging
- Tompkins County Office for the Aging-2022 Annual Report
- Equitable Retention Mortgage Assistance Program (ERMA)
- Information on 2023 MSP/Medicaid Expansion
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program is recruiting volunteers for Tompkins, Schuyler and Chemung counties
- Age Friendly Ithaca and Tompkins County Action Plan
We offer Language Interpretation services for all of our programs.