THE HEALTH AND WELL-BEING of our community is our top priority. Tompkins County Health Department (TCHD) is working closely with community partners to prevent and respond to the evolving novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Tompkins County has purchased KN95 face masks in both adult and youth sizes to provide you with access to these high-quality products, free of charge. Due to their tight fit around the face, these masks provide better protection than cloth or surgical masks and are recommended to be worn when you are indoors around others, especially if you or others around you are not vaccinated against COVID-19 or at higher risk of severe illness.
The County has also received self-test kits from New York State to provide access to home testing free of charge to residents. These kits will be first offered to those with limited access to store-bought test kits. Additional test kits have also continued to be periodically delivered by the State to schools and distributed directly to families by BOCES and local districts. Additional information on self-testing is available here.
Both masks and test kits are being distributed by the libraries and municipalities listed below. The County thanks them for partnering with the Health Department to get these important prevention materials out to our residents.
Locations receiving these materials for distribution to the community include:
Please contact the outlet directly about their current availability of these products. Youth masks are only being distributed at libraries.
- Town of Caroline
- Town of Danby
- Town of Enfield
- Town of Lansing
- Town of Groton
- Village of Groton
- Village of Freeville
- Village of Cayuga Heights
- Tompkins County Public Library, Green & S. Cayuga Streets, Ithaca
- Southworth Library, Dryden
- Lansing Public Library, Lansing
- Ulysses Philomathic Library, Trumansburg
- Newfield Public Library, Newfield
- Groton Public Library, Groton
- Ithaca/Lansing: Tompkins County Whole Health, 55 Brown Road
- Ithaca downtown: Tompkins County Office for the Aging, 214 W. MLK/State St.
- Ithaca South End: Southside Community Center, 305 S. Plain St.
- Ithaca North Side: Finger Lakes Independence Center, 215 5th St.
- Groton: American Legion post, 307 Main Street.