- 2018 Ithaca Bike Survey Results
- Vehicle Crash Data Analysis
- Journey-to-Work Trends
- Traffic Count Reports
- NHTS: 1995, 2001, 2001 (selected)
- Census 2000 - Special Student Tabulations
Commissioned by the ITCTC and Bike Walk Tompkins, 2/2018. In February 2018, Bike Walk Tompkins and the ITCTC commissioned a statistical survey of bicycling use and attitudes in and around Ithaca.
Prepared by the ITCTC, 1/30/2020
In 2020, the Ithaca-Tompkins County Transportation Council (ITCTC) analyzed the vehicle crash data in Tompkins County for 2017 and 2018. ITCTC staff downloaded the vehicle crash data from the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT)’s ALIS database (Accident Location Information System) and analyzed/mapped crash related factors including: fatalities. serious injuries, pedestrian, bicycle, deer, left turns, weather condition, speed, and alcohol.”
Summary Report High-Crash Road Segments and Intersections + Crash Factors in Tompkins County, NY 2015-2019
Prepared by the ITCTC, 12/4/2020.
In 2020 the Ithaca-Tompkins County Transportation Council (ITCTC) analyzed vehicle crash data for the fourth time. The vehicle crash data was downloaded for each municipality from the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT)’s ALIS database (Accident Location Information System) for the years 2015 through 2019. This database utilizes all crashes reported to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- Journey to Work Origin-Destination Data 2016
- Census Tract-to-Census Tract: 2010 Census Transportation Planning Package
- County-to-County Commute: 2013 5 Census ACS
- Work Flow Destinations by Census Tract and Counties: 2010 5 Census Transportation Planning Package
- Journey to Work Summary - Tompkins County (2006-2010 Census ACS) - includes how modes have changed in the past 10 years.
- Mode Choice by Traffic Analysis Zone: 2010 5 Census ACS
Easy To Read Mode-to-Work Pie Charts For Each Municipality and Census Designated Place:
The 2019, 2020, 2021 Traffic Count Report (2021, ITCTC)
This report includes AADT (Annual Average Daily Traffic) and peak hour (5-6 PM) traffic count information for the state, county and local roads in Tompkins County for which traffic count data was obtained for 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Traffic Counts (AADT) taken by NYSDOT in 2015, 2016, 2017, or 2018 compared to traffic counts taken at the same location approximately 10 years prior to this latest traffic count. The map shows locations of 6-10% decreases, >10% decreases, 6-10% increases, 11-20% increases, and >20% increases in traffic volume – as well as locations with no significant changes (-5 to +5%).
Historical Traffic Count Trends in Tompkins County, N.Y. (2015, ITCTC) - report is available upon request.
This historical trend comparison compares New York Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) traffic counts taken at the same location (count station) over time. Only count locations with traffic counts performed in the years 2011, 2013 and 2014 were analyzed for this report. (NOTE: there were no counts taken in 2012).
Traffic Count Summary: 2006, 2007 & 2008 Compared Historically in Tompkins County, N.Y. , 1977 - 2008. (2008, ITCTC) - report is available upon request.
Compares three years of traffic counts with historical counts at the same traffic count location.
The National Household Travel Survey (NHTS) previously called the Nationwide Personal Transportation Survey (NPTS) serves as the nation's inventory of daily personal travel. It is the only authoritative source of national data on daily trips including purpose of the trip, means of transportation, how long the trip took, day of the week and month, number of people on the trip etc.
In 1995, 2001, 2009, and again in 2017, NYSDOT participated with the Federal Highway Administration as one of several add-on areas. NYSDOT purchased additional household samples to increase the coverage and reliability of the NPTS data for analysis of the travel patterns of residents within New York State; below are the selected survey results for the Ithaca MPO (ITCTC).
- 1995 NPTS (Released February 1998. Oak Ridge National Laboratory)
- 2001 NHTS (Released May 2004. Oak Ridge National Laboratory)
- 2009 NHTS (Released December 2013. Oak Ridge National Laboratory)
- 2017 NHTS (Released 2018) - only available online - click on this link for a general summary of the 2017 data: NHTS Presentation
In 2003, the Tompkins County Planning Department requested and received a Special Tabulation from the U.S. Bureau of the Census that provided separate sets of data for "college students" and "non-college students" for Tompkins County (by municipality).
- Student vs. Non-Student Data (selected survey data for Tompkins County. Power Point presentation)