Lee Schurtleff, Historian
The Village of Groton is located in the center of the Town of Groton. Incorporated in 1860, the next half-century brought about manufacturing of bridges, typewriters, road rollers, and carriages. The village became an industrial area, its products sold locally, nationally, and internationally. Manufacturing today includes circuit board assembly and repair, a company that is the largest producers of Tilapia, and coming soon, a manufacturer of fire truck bodies.